I'll forward it to a friend of ours who started a high school Robotics team this fall. We talked today about how designing and building the robots was a flow experience for the kids. The kids talked about competence and relatedness (not in so many words!) as their main motivators for participating.
Creating a succinct video such as this could be a great project for students trying to present a summary of a topic. I know firsthand that in addition to being an avenue to synthesize content, creating slideshows, videos, and movies can also become flow experiences. This video could be a real twofer—a springboard for explaining flow as a motivational strategy as well as an example of a potential project.
2 comments:
Nice video, short, sweet!
I'll forward it to a friend of ours who started a high school Robotics team this fall. We talked today about how designing and building the robots was a flow experience for the kids. The kids talked about competence and relatedness (not in so many words!) as their main motivators for participating.
Creating a succinct video such as this could be a great project for students trying to present a summary of a topic. I know firsthand that in addition to being an avenue to synthesize content, creating slideshows, videos, and movies can also become flow experiences. This video could be a real twofer—a springboard for explaining flow as a motivational strategy as well as an example of a potential project.
Post a Comment